Monday, May 14, 2007

Photo Filter in Photoshop

I am still using istD, very slow in saving files, and tehrefore I mainly shot jpeg.

For time to time, I will make mistakes and need to save in Photoshop; just like the following example.

In a MacDonald brithday party for my son's classmate, I was using a diffuser covering my 360 flash and hope to get a better light quality. I was wrong. The power of 360 is too low and unable to override ambient WB. Since I use flash WB, here's the result.



So I apply photo filter in Photoshop CS (found in "image" --> "Adjust" --> "Photo Filter"), setting was cooling filter 82, 25%. Here's the resulting photo.



Not bad. For old guys who started photography in film days, we are easlier to understand photo filter than R-G-B color tunings....

1 comment:

Ken Tam said...

I know you are lazy enough, I believe lightroom is good for you. It can tweak JPGs and not need to creat another version.