Saturday, March 06, 2010

Image organization in Aperture

When I was using Aperture 2, I build a 'Project' for each year, and import the folders on HDD into as 'Album' under the 'Project'. However, Aperture 3 doesn't have the option to import folders as "Album' under the 'Project'... it can only import each folder as a separate 'Project', or select images to import into the 'Project' directly.

I feel a need to really understand the concept of image organization of Aperture. And I find this webpage. Great! Since I am old enough to manage slide when I start photography, now I totally understand it.

I decided to:
1) Build a "Folder" under the root for each year
2) When I import images, each folder of the same date (that's how K20D store the files in the first place) will be an individual "Project", under the year folder.
3) I will rename the "Project" if it is of some special occasion, function or job.

No comments: