Saturday, September 03, 2011

A broken Nikon Coolpix P50



It was an accident: I tried to snap with the P50 in a dangerous position. When I tried to pull back, I didn't notice the ditch behind me, so I fell. I am okay, but I bump the lens of the P50, so it can't retract into the body again.... sad.

I believe there was a misalignment in the gears of the lens driving system, so I tried to take it apart and see if I can fix it at all. As you can see, the result was a disaster: after I remove the back and a circuit board, I couldn't remove the remaining circuits.... that means I can't even get my way to the lens driving gears....

I never have good experiences in fixing my cameras. I hope I am a better photographer than a camera technician.

The pix was taken with my Nokia phone. Sorry for the bad quality.

No comments: