Friday, December 12, 2008

DA 10-17mm F3.5-4.5 ED

This lens has been a recent fad for Pentaxian in Hong Kong, and I can totally understand that - it's unique view angle; convenient to use; lightweight; legendary Pentax color....

Recently I borrow my friend's 10-17 for a few test shots. I used it snapping for only around 15 minutes, just get a basic feel about this lens.

In the 15 mins I am using it, I love it because my K20D is very snappy with lens - very fast focus, attractive when look into the viewfinder... etc. However, when I back home and view the photos on computer, I really don't like the distorted view angles of fish-eyes. I really prefer snapping with my DA14 instead.

Don't get me wrong - there is no quality problem of the DA10-17. It's indeed a good lens. It's my own problem I can't get in love with it - as always, I feels dizzy when I look at fisheye photos.... I am through with this lens - lucky me no need to spend extra money. ;)

No comments: