Thursday, December 14, 2006

Sigma 30/1.4 DC


-- Photo taken by istD, with DA21/2.4 --

One of my friend, a long time Pentax advocate, surprised me by his sudden acquisition of 2 Sigma lens. I only have took a few indoor shots with his 30/1.4, and am surprise by it's usable f/1.4 apeature. The lens is very attractive in price (around HK$2,500, parallel imports), has reasonable good image quality, and has a very useful focal length. With the large apeature, you can shot available lighting in almost all situation (yes, even with one single candle light).

Honestly, it makes me itchy. The only drawbacks are: 1) it's relative large size, especially diameter; 2) it's a Sigma.

2 comments:

koeiru said...

Can you post images with this lens (sigma 31 mm )? And share your experience after that? Thanks.

Toby Chiu said...

Thanks for your visiting koeiru.

Will post some photo and comment when I have chance to use this lens. On the other hand, I have tried my friend's Sigma 105/2.8 EX, and will post some photos and comments later.